980 JOHNSON FERRY RD NE. SUITE 430 | ATLANTA, GA 30342

2665 N DECATUR RD SUITE 730 | DECATUR, GA 30033

Serving the Atlanta and Decatur communities for over twenty years.

SCHEDULE YOUR
APPOINTMENT TODAY
404-508-4320

Active FX: Beautiful Skin for People On The Go

We all want glowing, youthful skin. However, this goal isn’t always the easiest to achieve. There are a number of creams and lotions that claim to smooth skin and get rid of unsightly wrinkles, but it can take weeks or months to begin seeing even the smallest of results with these treatments. Costly plastic surgery requires hospitalization and up to a month of painful recovery.

If you want to look five years younger, but are not prepared to commit to the expense and recovery time of surgery, Active FX CO2 laser resurfacing may be for you.

The Active FX procedure involves the use of a CO₂ resurfacing laser to peel off the upper layer of skin in a fractional pattern, which affects 80 percent of the skin, leaving the other 20 percent untouched. Using this technique shortens healing time by stimulating collagen and tissue reformation in the treatment area.  As the old layer of skin sloughs off, a new layer of beautiful, healthy skin is immediately revealed.   In addition, regenerating collagen growth begins and continues for up to five months after the procedure, causing the skin to look better and better.

While Active FX works on a variety of areas on the body, it works best on the face, neck, upper chest, hands, and arms. The beams from the laser target the superficial and deep layers within the skin, which makes it the ideal procedure for eliminating almost any skin flaw, including discoloration, age spots, burn scarring, acne scars, lines, wrinkles, and sun damage.

A typical Active FX session usually lasts about 20 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area of treatment.  Unlike many other skin resurfacing treatments you may have heard about,  Active FX only needs to be administered once in order to achieve results.

The process starts with Dr. Fern evaluating your skin type and the area you want treated. He may then recommend a skin treatment regimen for a few weeks before treatment, to prepare your skin for the laser treatment.

On the day of the Active FX treatment, he will administer an anesthetic cream to the treatment area to prevent  discomfort.   As the microbeams touch the skin, a small warm sensation fills the treated area.

After the procedure is over, the treated area may feel a bit warm.  In the next two to three days, the old layer of skin will begin to flake away with regular washing. After the new layer is exposed, the skin may appear pinkish for up to a week. The entire recovery time is three to five days.

Results from the Active FX treatment can last for five years or more if proper care of the skin is taken post-procedure.   Vein and Skin Laser Center recommends a proper  skin care regimen and using sunscreen regularly to give the best results and avoid regression.

Don’t wait to find out if Active FX is right for you!  Call and book an appointment today with Dr. Fern at Vein and Skin Laser Center by dialing  404-508-4320.